Dealings, transactions and provider engagements on the Platform shall be in strict compliance with the policies, regulations, codes of conduct and ethics as applicable to providers, professionals, and service vendors respectively.
’Affiliate’ means an entity that, directly or indirectly, controls, is under the control of, or is under the common control of North.
”Care Navigation Specialist ”means competent and licensed medical practitioners of North, responsible for providing support and primary care navigation to users and members on this Platform, as well as medical tele consultation.
‘Content‘ means all the information provided and available on the North platform, including all text, images, audio content, videos, designs, graphics, information, logos, downloadable content, software, and any other content contained therein and all patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, intellectual property and/or other that accrue to such content.
‘Data Protection Regulations’ means the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019
‘Member means any individual or corporate entity subscribed to North.
‘Platform’ means the “North App” or the “North Platform”, a web based application owned by North for the purpose of providing members and patients with access to care services through telehealth, and offers enhanced care navigation services to help patients find the care they need. Accessible at (www.usenorth.care) and (https://app.usenorth.care)
’Services’ means the aggregation of healthcare services and experience features offered and available to users on the Platform at any given time.
“Provider” means a registered and licensed healthcare provider that provides healthcare services to members of North.
‘User’ means any individual who uses the Platform including any authorized representative of a corporate entity. Also referred to as “patients” in this agreement.
These Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you” or “user”) and PneumaCare, a company registered under the laws of Nigeria and having its registered address at 50 Ebitu Ukiwe Street, Jabi, Abuja (“PneumaCare”, “we,” “us” or “our”), concerning your access to, use and membership of the services provided by North, as well as any other media form, media channel, or related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto.
Application of use
North is a membership-based primary care provider that offers preventive and curative health services through telehealth, enhanced care navigation services, and care support platforms focused on helping members get well and stay well. North enables its value proposition to its clients through an hybrid approach to care by leveraging three care touch points (digital, in-office and at home) informed by the care needs of members. The care navigation service is powered by its partnership with third party services that aggregate healthcare services and providers for the purpose of making it easier for members to discover and book appointments across a wide range of providers and speciality areas as well as specific priorities such as symptoms, insurance and opening times. With North, patients can access high-quality care from the comfort of their own homes, and receive personalized support from licensed doctors whenever they need it.
The North Platform
The North Platform is a web based platform for North members to access the suite of services and benefits included in a North membership. These services include but are not limited to unlimited answers to questions relating to your health, virtual consultations with doctors, care groups and communities, appointment scheduling for office visits or house calls, and access to a wide range of healthcare services and providers. Users of the North platform shall be expected to create an account via a secured website link: (https://app.usenorth.care) or (https://usenorth.care) before they can access the services provided on the North platform.
Users and Members of the North Platform are able to find and book healthcare services with healthcare providers, including pharmacies within the North network.
These healthcare providers offer healthcare services such as consultation, treatments and prescriptions, and are easily accessible to North users.
North offers enhanced care navigation services to help members find the care they need, and connects patients with a network of over 200 providers for specialized care outside of primary care.
Care Navigation Specialists at North are responsible for providing these professional care navigation services to members on the North platform, for the purpose of directing members and patients to qualified and experienced healthcare providers. This also includes teleconsultation, and referrals to verified healthcare providers where necessary.
North is strictly and exclusively obligated to ensure use, access to and operability of the Platform and shall not incur or be responsible for any liability arising from any engagements, transactions or provision of healthcare products and services as advertised, provided or offered by any of the Providers or purchased, utilized or accessed by the Users.
The use of this website by you does not create an employer/employee relationship, a joint venture shareholder agreement, a memorandum of understanding or a partnership agreement.
The subsequent use of the North platform signifies that you are agreeing to these Terms. If you do not agree to any of the requirements or provisions of these Terms, please discontinue or avoid further use of the platform.
Any usage of this platform for and on behalf of an entity (such as on behalf of your employer), shall be based on an implied authority that such usage or any related activity on the platform has been authorized and approved by that entity and its affiliates.
North shall reserve the right to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time, and/or issue supplemental terms and conditions at its sole discretion, with or without notice, by posting an updated version to the Platform. These supplemental terms and conditions are incorporated by reference to these Terms and Conditions of Use
You may be required to register using your email address and a strong password on the North platform by clicking here (www.usenorth.care).
For a user who has been onboarded on the platform, you will be able to authorize the North platform to access your medical records from a primary source.
North reserves the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if it determines, in its sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
As a member-based primary care provider, North connects patients with healthcare providers in our network, making it easier for patients to book appointments and access the care they need.
Membership on North commences when the user signs up and makes a subscription payment on the North website (www.usenorth.care) or via the North platform/app (https://app.usenorth.care)after which members become onboarded and have access to the offers available on North. Active members are also added to community groups and given a membership card throughout the period of maintaining a subscription on North.
The nature of services accessible to each member on the North platform is dependent on the services available on the tier of subscription entered into by such members, as provided on the North platform.
Terms of Subscription
North provides different tiers of subscription for members ,depending on the specific needs of its members. These different tiers are provided on the North website (www.usenorth.care) or via the North platform/app (app.usenorth.care).
The services accessible by each member of North is dependent on the subscription tier paid for by the member, according to members specific needs and preferences.
Partnership with Insurance Providers
- North partners with Insurance providers for the distribution of Insurance products and benefits to members of North.
- North partners with Insurance providers to provide optimal use of the insurance policy attached to each member on the North insurance backed subscription. However, overall value acquisition is limited to the benefits of the specific insurance policy utilized by the user.
- North provides members with improved access to the benefits attached to their insurance policies, through increased engagement and personalized use of their insurance benefits.
Consent to Electronic Communications
For the purposes of providing digital primary care services and care navigation services, electronic communication is necessary between users/members and Care Navigation Specialists on the North, as well as healthcare providers on the North network.
By using the North Platform, users/members consent to receiving and exchanging information through different electronic communication means such as chat, audio and video, subject to the most efficient means for the purpose of communication, and as advised by North and our Care Navigation Specialists.
You also agree to receiving newsletters, emails, text messages, WhatsApp messages from North concerning information updates with regards to our services. Feedback will be requested from you periodically, which may be anonymously or otherwise uploaded or included in any of our communication materials, social media posts or directly on our website.
Risk of Telehealth Services
Telehealth services involve the delivery of healthcare services through electronic communication, or other related means between parties who are not in the same physical location. By using this service, you consent to receive preventive care through virtual means adopted by the North digital platform and you acknowledge that there are potential risks in telehealth services.
User Warranties and Representations
By utilizing the Platform or and interacting with any provider or a care navigation specialist, a User represent and warrant as follows:
- That you are of legal age (18 years) to enter into a binding contract.
- That every information provided by you is accurate and verifiable at the date of providing the same.
- That the platform will not be used for medical emergencies and would not replace the existing medical emergency services.
- That you will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information as necessary.
- That you will not use the Platform for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- That your use of the Platform will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- That you would be willing to use the Platform in accordance with the terms and conditions contained herein.
North reserves the right to withdraw or terminate any user’s access to these where such User provides inaccurate, untrue or incomplete information at the point of registration or at any material time whilst using the Platform.
User Protection and Data Security
North shall ensure and maintain reasonable standards of security and privacy protection as required and stipulated under the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019 (NDPR) in relation to all User data and information as provided or exchanged on the Platform.
All users retain the right to withhold and refuse to disclose all or any sensitive personal data or information which may be required prior to or in the course of using or accessing the Platform.
All data security and protection measures as required and provided by the Data Protection Regulations are hereby incorporated and shall remain applicable and binding on North at all times and through its continued maintenance and operation of the Platform.
Information shared between North members and our Care Navigation Specialists and healthcare providers are subject to confidentiality privileges. Disclosure shall only be made where such disclosure is reasonably necessary for parties to carry out their responsibilities on the platform, where there is consent to disclose, and where there is a legal obligation to disclose.
Limitation of Liability & Indemnity
- Users agree that the use of the Platform and any Services available on the Platform shall be at their sole risk.
- Subject to the limits and restrictions under relevant laws, North disclaims all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Platform and its use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
North makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy
or completeness of the Platform’s content or the content of any
provider websites linked to this Platform and we assume no
liability or responsibility for any of the following:
- Errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content and materials.
- Personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Platform.
- Any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein.
- Any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Platform.
- Any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Platform by any third party.
- Any errors or omissions in any content and materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Platform.
- North does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by the Provider or any third party through the Platform, any hyperlinked website, or any website or mobile application featured in any banner or other advertising features or pop-ups.
- Care Navigation Specialists offer primary care navigation services to members, but do not provide overall healthcare services to members. Any referrals to healthcare providers on North do not impose any liability on North, in the event of any loss or damage caused by the negligence or incompetence of the healthcare provider.
- North shall not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between user(s) and any third-party providers of products or services including all requests for and provisions of professional advice or the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment.
In no event will North, its affiliates, directors, employees,
or agents be liable to users or any third party for any direct,
indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or
punitive damages, including loss of profit, loss of data, or
other damage arising from any of the following circumstances:
- Use of or access to the Platform.
- Any transaction or provision of Service arising from any engagements with Third Parties.
- All Users of the Platform are advised to exercise caution, discretion and reasonableness prior to and in the course of all engagements and transactions with third party providers.
- North is not a medical insurance company, and the North platform shall not provide insurance related services.
- The North platform is not a medical emergency service provider, and does not replace the need for contacting medical emergency services where necessary.
North’s Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise indicated, North owns, controls and maintains all proprietary interest in respect of all source codes, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, graphics on the Platform (collectively, the “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) in accordance with all statutory and legal protections under copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights in Nigeria, foreign jurisdictions, and international conventions.
All users are granted a limited license to access and use the Platform and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Platform solely for personal and non-commercial use.
North reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Platform, Content and the Marks.
Term and Termination
North also reserves the right to terminate a user’s use or access to the Platform at any time, without warning, in our sole discretion.
Users reserve the right to stop or discontinue using services on the Platform at any time by signing out or ceasing to use the Platform.
Governing Law & Dispute Resolution
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Modification of Agreement
North reserves the right to modify and make changes to these terms at any time and any continued use of the Platform will indicate the acceptance of any adjustment to these terms.
All Users are required to read this Agreement on a regular basis.
These terms and conditions differ from any corresponding or alternate terms and conditions in respect of the purchase of products from as well as online reservations with third party providers on the Platform. All users shall be bound by terms and conditions of any and all suppliers.
In making any payments and abiding by the regulations and caveats in connection with the availability, use of products and other services, you are bound by the terms and conditions of usage.
This Agreement constitutes the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between North and you regarding the use and access to this Platform.
All notices, complaints, reviews and correspondences with respect to the Platform shall be directed or submitted to:Name: PneumaCare Limited Address: No. 50 Ebitu Ukiwe Street, Jabi, Abuja, FCT. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
North shall endeavor to ensure the use and accessibility of the Platform on a 24-hour basis subject to downtime or restrictions to access arising from periodic maintenance, updates or other technical/operational activities being conducted with respect to the Platform.